VI PEELS for the life of your skin
VI PEELS (Chemical Peels) remove the outer layers of skin to enhance the appearance as well as improve its functionality. They create controlled
damage to the skin, exfoliate dead skin cells, stimulate cell renewal, and regenerate of the supportive dermal structures. Chemical
Peels are classified based on their depth of penetration, from very superficial (stratum corneum) to deep (reticular dermis). The depth
of penetration is based on the type(s) of peeling agents as well as their percentages. In addition, the acid pH, application technique,
quantity applied, skin preparation, and skin type also affect how deep the chemical peel will penetrate.
Please contact us at 779-254-2305 for any information or book a free appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
The VI Peel is a unique blend of 5 acids specifically formulated medical grade peels to address a variety of skin concerns, including skin rejuvenation for anti-aging, hyperpigmentation, acne, and acne scaring.
Retinoic Acid: This powerhouse acid penetrates the skin, inhibiting melanin production and increasing cell turnover.
Trichloroacetic Acid: TCA drives the blend deeper and targets signs of aging by boosting collagen and exfoliating the skin.
Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid prevents inflammation by killing bacteria, suppresses sebum production, and cleanses the pore lining.
Phenol: This is the secret weapon that numbs the skin, allowing for a painless application.
Ascorbic Acid: A powerful antioxidant that reverses free radicals, evens skin tone, and helps prevent future damage.
The VI Peel contains a synergistic blend of powerful ingredients suitable for all skin types. This peel will
help to improve the tone, texture and clarity of the skin and provide anti-aging benefits. Specifically
formulated to rejuvenate and prevent future damage to the skin.
• Restores a more even skin tone
• Smooths away rough skin
• Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
The VI Peel Advanced is a booster system formulated to combat the effects of aging. It is made from the same
synergistic blend of ingredients as the VI Peel and provides more volume for deeper penetration.
• Softens fine lines and wrinkles
• Smooths away rough skin texture
• Penetrates mature skin
• Stimulates collagen production
VI Peel Precision Plus Dual Booster System combats pigmentation by combining the proven VI Peel solution with our
long trusted hydroquinone-enriched Lighten Booster and new fast acting Brighten Booster.
• Effectively suppresses melanogenesis
• Effectively penetrates damaged areas
• Promotes rapid cell turnover
• Exfoliates and helps diminish pigmentation and textural damage to restore skin to its natural health
The VI Peel Purify is a highly effective treatment for acne. It contains the original VI Peel formula plus the power of Benzoyl Peroxide, Kojic Acid and Hydrocortisone for superior, consistent results. VI Peel Purify is a targeted solution to tackle active acne and acne prone skin.
• Increases cellular turnover to clear pores
• Eliminates P. acnes bacteria
• Soothes inflammation and redness
• Reduces sebum production
VI Peel Purify with Precision Plus Dual Booster System is an advanced acne solution that helps to rid the skin of active acne. The formula helps to fade textural scarring and Post Inflammatory Pigmentation (PIH) caused by acne breakouts.
• Reduces P. acnes bacteria, comedones & sebum production in the skin as it unclogs congested pores
• Fades acne scarring and pigmentation while promoting healthy cell regeneration
The skin on our bodies is exposed to unique set of conditions due to
both intrinsic (Hormonal changes, dietary disposition) and extrinsic factors (Weather changes, sun exposure, smoking, Tanning).
Facial skin is different from body skin, cell turnover is slower than the face:
Rough texture: Although this occurs on the face, the body displays textural
irregularities in a differing fashion. Elbows, knees, and heels experience a
buildup of skin cells that leads to extremes in textural changes, and in some people
the development of calluses.
Keratosis Pilaris: Is a common, harmless skin condition that causes dry, rough
patches and tiny bumps, usually on the upper arms, thighs, cheeks, or buttocks
Tinea Versicolor: Is a common fungal infection of the skin. The fungus interferes
with the normal pigmentation of the skin, resulting in small, discolored patches.
Keloids: Are a type of raised scar. They occur where the skin has healed after an injury.
They can grow to be much larger than the original injury that caused the scar.
Photodamage and Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
Acne: Active Acne and Acne Scarring
Aging: Wrinkles, Laxity, and Textural Imperfections
78% DÉCOLLETAGE 63% BACK
68% HANDS 66% ARMS
94% HYPERPIGMENTATION 88% ACNE
83% WRINKLES 72% STRETCH MARKS
50% KERATOSIS PILARIS
The body’s cell turnover is much faster than that of the face.
With this physiologic difference, patients will experience shorter post-peel phase. Most patients experience peeling on the face beginning on day 3 and lasting anywhere from
3-7 days. With this understanding, schedule your facial peels every 4 weeks.
It is typical to need 2-6 treatments for optimal outcomes in acne and hyperpigmentation.
The body’s cell turnover is much slower than that of the face. With this physiologic difference, patients will experience a longer post-peel phase. Most patients experience peeling on the body beginning on day 7 and lasting anywhere from 4-7 days. With this understanding, schedule your body peels every 6-8 weeks.
When peeling the body it is important to not be overly aggressive and use progressive peeling. It is typical to need 2-6 treatments for optimal outcomes.
Treatment varies in prices from person to person depending on their individual goals. This can cost from $300-$550 per treatment. Combination therapies might vary to individual skin needs and goals. To know more please book an appointment.
• The first two days your skin will look a little tan, bronzed, or pink. It may also feel a bit tight before the peeling begins.
• As a general rule, treat it like a sunburn: avoid sun exposure, avoid sweating and avoid heat.
• During the peeling phase you must avoid sun exposure. Even after the peeling has subsided your new skin will be sensitive to UV light.
Protect your investment and reapply your sunscreen when outdoors.
• If any products in the post peel kit sting or irritate beyond your tolerance reach out to your practitioner for options to use instead.
• The amount of visible peeling you will experience varies greatly. You will peel as much as your skin needs to peel.
• Each morning apply the VI Derm Post-Treatment Repair Cream and VI Derm SPF 50 Daily UV Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen and apply as needed
throughout the day. Continue use for the 7-Day peeling process.
• Pigment may darken as the skin prepares to peel. This is normal.
•Function: The towelettes included in your post peel kit provide additional stimulation of the skin and expedite the peeling process.
• Use: First towelette should be used 4 hours after your peel has been applied. Subsequent towelettes will be applied at intervals designated in your
aftercare booklet. All towelettes should be spaced a minimum of 4 hours apart and all towelettes should be used in the first 48 hours.
• Discontinue: Once peeling begins, discontinue towellete use.
• Side effects: Towelettes are not refreshing towelettes. There are active ingredients in these towelettes and therefore you may note some light stinging upon application. Some people can also experience some itching, especially on night 1 which can be remedied by applying VI Derm Post-Treatment Repair Cream, hydrocortisone cream, or taking oral antihistamine
- Days 3, 4 and 5 are the typical days of peeling. By day 6 most exfoliation has subsided.
- Typically, peeling begins on the third day, starting in the peri-oral area then peeling outward. The forehead and neck will be the last areas to peel.
- The skin on the body peels slower than the face; usually starting day 4-7 and taking up to 10 days or more.
- We recommend cleansing your face prior to showering and keeping your face protected from hot water.
- When cleansing your face use your fingertips only. Avoid using washcloths or facial machine brushes during the first week.
- Avoid rubbing your face while in the shower as this will remove skin that is not ready to peel and cause skin irritation.
- While the skin is exfoliating avoid pulling, picking, rubbing and any premature removal of skin. This could lead to significant irritation and possible hyperpigmentation. Never force or peel the skin off in sheets.
- When peeling make sure to keep your body hydrated and your skin moisturized.
- The VI Derm Post-Treatment Repair Cream may cause slight sensitivity when first applied but it quickly subsides.
- If you are excessively dry or irritated when peeling, add a light layer of Aquaphor to provide a protective barrier